Thursday 5 November 2015

Why Every Man Needs To Have A Swiss Army Knife.


The Swiss, are good a making many, many things, watches being one (Rolex is undisputedly one of the best watches available), chocolate being another. Knives are no exception to this.

Most peoples first knife would be a very small Swiss Army Knife with a tiny little blade and they would either cut themselves, or loose it. Then over time they grow out of it and move onto bigger and better knives, leaving the modest Swiss Army Knife behind. But no matter what knife you have, it will almost always be beaten by these brilliant little multi tools.

Sure you could get a Leatherman, but one, they cost a bloody fortune, and two they aren't that compact, it is literally like walking around with a pair of pliers in your pocket.

I'm on my second Swiss Army knife due to my first one disappearing....I started with a Huntsman which had more than enough tools for me at the age of 13, but it was still a brilliant knife.

I've since downsized to a Spartan which is much more basic but I carry it everywhere due to the fact I use it on probably a everyday basis. My point about these knives are that they are the perfect tool for anyone to have. They are classically designed, all the knives are razor sharp and hold an edge ridiculously well, and it is a world recognised brand for a good reason!

I read an article on SAK's once about a lifeboat captain who through one way or another ended up over board getting pulled down into the water, had he not had his swiss army knife with him he would definitely be dead, you could argue that any knife he would have had could have saved him but just a single blade knife, or a shoddy multitool might not have had quite the same effect. Why carry a single blade when you can have two plus extra tools! 

I will always support SAK's because of the brilliantly strong design and their reliability, and I recommend every man to get one, you never know when you might need it.









_

Follow my Twitter - @strollingmen

And my Instagram - @strollingmenblog

_


- Louis -





No comments:

Post a Comment