Saturday 27 June 2015

The Audacious Beard Co. Beard Oil.





One of the biggest craze/fad going on at the moment seems to be beard oil, now I had heard lots about beard oil and the benefits but had never actually treated my fuzz to a bottle.

I went on amazon and found two different scents from 'The Audacious Beard Co.'. Not knowing very much about beard oil I took a risk and bought two different scents. They arrived two days after order and came with two cards. One was the above contact card shown and the other was more information about the oils.






The first was the Buccaneer Beard Oil. This was meant to have smells similar to the Caribbean, rum, mixed spices, and maybe the hint of the sea. It did seem to mimic this very well I felt like a pirate wearing it and it definitely smelt stronger once I put it on.

The second one was the Woodsman Beard Oil. The idea of this one was to mimic the outdoors and woods, bringing the thoughts of a lumberjack around freshly cut trees. From the bottle this one smelt stronger, and when applied it smoothed into my beard fast and continued to smell strongly for a long time. The supposed bonus of the Woodsman was that as well as being 'cleansing, nourishing, and hydrating' it was suppose to aid healing and stop itching, not that I have experienced an itchy beard...I didn't know an itchy beard was a thing....

I found out applying the oil in the first place is a challenge in itself. Simply getting it to a part on your hand that doesn't go between your fingers was very difficult but once i'd managed to master that it smoothed into the hairs pretty well. 

My first impressions where that it definitely smelt great and did make my beard feel softer, even if at first there was a very slight oil left on my fingers but this soon seemed to disappear. 

Being an oil I am slightly apprehensive as to whether this will trigger spots so i will be doing a follow up post in about a week to see if there are any advantages or disadvantages.

As well as the oils I bought a beard comb to smooth in the oil, spread it evenly and smarten my beard up. Using the comb with the oil not only meant it was spread more evenly but my beard now seems to be much straighter as a result of only one day and using the comb with the oil.




I shall keep using the oils throughout the week and give my verdict then.










The links on amazon for the oils and comb are:




-Have a Good Evening-

-Louis-


1 comment:

  1. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers!
    best beard oil

    ReplyDelete